Future-proofing business through Supplier Data management and governance
For an organization to have a holistic business strategy, they should look beyond the traditional role of suppliers as providers of goods and services. In this Digital Era where boundaries between businesses are increasingly blurred, it’s advantageous to build a collaborative relationship with suppliers as they’re an integral part of your procurement and supply chain processes. This starts with the management and governance of supplier data. To manage this complexity of hundreds of suppliers MDO Supplier is helpful.
Supplier Data Management Challenges
- No functionality to upload and view attachments, certifications, and licenses to facilitate effective collaboration.
- Manual/Excel-based supplier data entry, done internally before uploading to ERP/SAP. No access for suppliers to check accuracy of important details like bank data — prone to human errors.
MDO Supplier Solution Areas
MDO Supplier Solution encompasses key processes of on-boarding, governance, collaboration, and risk and performance assessment. It enhances supplier-related functions, working in sync with other ERP and Procurement systems. It has encryption capabilities for data protection to comply with GDPR
KEY PROCESSES OF ON-BOARDING
MDO Supplier Solution - Key Areas
Enable seamless supplier On-boarding with defined processes and forms according to their respective areas.
- Workflow processes for approvals
- Validation of supplier data against credit agencies (Dun & Bradstreet) and tax authorities
- Integration with ERP/Procurement/other Master Data Governance systems
One solution for maintaining all supplier data areas, encompassing data creation, change, extend, and deactivation.
- SLAs and audit logs for monitoring and traceability of activities
- Built-in pre-defined rules
- Validation of reference datafrom target systems
- Integration with ERP systems
Enable suppliers to continually maintain their own data as well as putting in attachments and certifications.
- Verification of attachments, licenses and certificates using OCR
- Upload of price files and catalogs by suppliers to enable punch-out catalogs from SAP, validated against contract agreements
- Customized vendor interaction processes according to business requirements
MDO KEY DIFFERENTIATORS
- Ensure overall supplier data privacy, for example indicating consent/non-consent of sharing data through GDPR forms.
- Enable masking of sensitive data
- A one-stop platform for suppliers to do on-boarding, maintain own data, and participate in surveys -allowing them to have self-service functionalities
- Feature rich to facilitate users in their daily tasks like validation, duplicate data checks audit logs etc.
- Flexibility in defining different business rules for data creation, modification, etc.
SUPPLIER MASTER DATA
- Value-added services that include risk data for supplier viability assessment, extending beyond typical master data project objectives
- MDO partners with SAP in areas of master data management and governance.
- Available on SAP Store, preconfigured with SAP integration
Benefits of Managing and Governing Supplier Data
■ By having supplier credentials and verification from authorities, you manage
external risks that can compromise your reputation.
■ Data and GDPR compliance guarantee your accountability and commitment in safeguarding data, avoiding legal implications.
Fast and fuss-free supplier on-boarding leads to quicker procurement process. This ensures timely acquisition of goods/services, minimizing unproductive time and increasing efficiency.
■ Establish data ownership clarity and governance through one-stop platform that
provides supplier self-service functionalities, with approval workflows and validation.
■ Enable data culture where people trust their data to execute daily tasks, collaborate, and make decisions.