Industry: FMCG and Consumer Goods
One of the India’s foremost private sector companies with a market capitalization of over US $ 30 billion and a turnover of US $ 6 billion. Client has a diversified presence in Cigarettes, Hotels, Paperboards & Specialty Papers, Packaging, Agri-Business, Packaged Foods & Confectionery, Information Technology, Branded Apparel, Personal Care, Stationery, Safety Matches and other FMCG products.
- Client’s Master data is scattered and managed by multiple teams and in multiple business divisions.
- Owner of one division can access the data of another divisions there is no stringent governance process.
- Most of the rules of existing data management process are either subject to manual checks or have been scripted in excel macros which gives lot of inconsistency.
- Email and excel sheets are the primary collaboration tools in the current process. Collaborating this between distinct groups and Data and requests can simply be ‘lost’ in the daily volume of activity.
- The current solution does not have centralized data management. The relevant data for each product is spread across various systems and has multiple points of entry.
- Implemented Workflow process to designate responsibilities to users to have a streamlined approval process.
- Business rules have been configured – users must enter minimal data and every field is populated based on certain logic as per business going through validations.
- Freight Master is a new module introduced in MDO on BPM layer which has partial route creation event on which the Route determination will be defined in MDO and further integrate with SAP.
- Demand & Planning automation for CUSTOMER & MATERIAL Master will be done which further to be pushed onto the SAP ECC and APO systems via PI / XI
- Error free process and minimal manual intervention which will save lot of time and effort.
- Data consistency and central repository of the master data record which will further have a defined resource allocation and efforts.
- Master Data integration solutions via PI / XI includes metadata repositories, data warehouse and automation process via MDO.