Industry: FMCG and Consumer Goods
One of the largest Indian conglomerate with 7 major companies with interests in real estate, FMCG, industrial engineering, appliances, furniture, security and agri care – to name a few – with a turnover crossing 4.1 billion dollars.
- Large volume of unstructured and duplicate Material, Customer, Vendor Master data
- Manual process to manage all their Finished Goods, Customer and Vendor Master Data.
- This delayed all downstream process , which included production and distribution.
- Inconsistent approach across other operations and countries, this also challenged the reporting and analytics.
- Vendor Onboarding and governance of Vendor Data also become a big challenge and risk area.
- Customer Management process was not streamlined.
MDO Materials (Finished Goods) & Vendor Master
- The Finished Goods process was implemented with key roles and governance and defined SLA’s.
- It also included various business rules to cater different types of products based on various geographies.
- Vendor Onboarding was defined based on the company governance rules, which was required to be followed globally.
- Business Function based workflows and compliance checks.
- Supplier On-boarding process for ease of registration.
- Critical Path Study management.
- Involvement of Brand Managers during SKU Management
- Timely start of production for the same SKU
- Regular update of BOM in SAP after SKU code creation
- Update planned prices for RM / PM (Raw Materials and Pack Materials) of the same Finished Good SKU
- Release standard costing based on approved data.
- Accurate Supplier Information all the time.
- Customer governance simplified.