One of the leading independent oil and gas producers in the Asia-Pacific region, supplying the energy needs of homes, businesses and major industries across Australia and Asia.
- The client decided to move away from Oracle and implement SAP S/4HANA as a part of their transformation project.
- This created a big challenge for them to convert their asset data into SAP data models. This made it further complex as they also had acquisitions that had both SAP and Oracle.
- The on-going challenge to maintain their Master data post-go-live was also identified as a critical need.
- They required a solution that could help both migrate and manage their on-going data governance
MDO DIW and MDM
- DIW has been used to map all the Oracle Data, run data quality checks and prepare the data for Deloitte (S/4HANA Implementation Partner) to upload in the new environment.
- The same master data rules for migration, with enhancements have been also implemented for governance.
- The key areas have been Maintenance Master Data, followed by Materials and Vendors.
- The old data will also remain in MDO, for future reference and any cross-search references post live.
- One solution to help in Migration and Governance.
- An established framework that will allow client to manage data for any new acquisitions.
- Data Quality Rules will be consistent during transition.
- Materials (Spares) can be linked with assets, which will help assets and supply to work together.
- Pre-existing business rules as templates for expediting the process.
- Audit-trail of data for all changes during the data transformation & migration.
- Data Migration logs for monitoring.