A leading provider of innovative light weighting solutions for the global Automotive industry, specializing in the development and manufacturing of aluminium components for powertrain and body structure applications. As of 2017, the company employed more than 22,000 people at 38 facilities worldwide and generated revenues of US $4.5 billion. One out of 3 cars uses their parts.
- Client was in verge of implementing a new Procurement System, it was mandatory to get their data standardized globally to take advantage of a global procurement system.
- One of the key challenge was to standardize their existing parts and then have a process to manage all new parts based on standards defined.
- They had around 200,000 parts to standardize across multiple countries and languages.
Materials (MRO -Spares)
- A Spare Part Governance Process based on UNSPSC standards.
- The solution allows to check for duplicates and ensure the parts are unique and can be used by various countries in multiple languages.
- Approval Process for these parts to further enrich and define the right attributes.
- Unique feature of Material cataloging in multiple languages.
- Complete localization based on geography of user access.
- The Sourcing & Procurement system can better function with the implementation of a system that has standardized materials.
- Lower Inventory Cost and better sourcing can save cost both in short and long term.
- This also helps in processing time with better operational efficiency.
- Upfront duplicate checking to keep the inventory optimized.
- Spare part information sharing across all plants & locations.
- Consistency on Spare Parts Nomenclature.